Skip to main content

Dining Room Paint Job

The blue painters tape was not my friend this time around. While it could have been user error, I am choosing to believe the crooked edges and paint-bleed are more than likely a result of faulty tape ;-)

I love the colors! I saw wall sconces online for $40 each and ended up spending $10 to make our own. Between three coats of paint, installing the hardware and shelves, applying the decal, and making and hanging the wall sconces, this lil project only took 3 months! ha! We haven't changed out the light fixture yet, but the ceiling fan light fixture has been in our garage since August. I think when it gets hot again and the sun comes back, we'll put it up then. For now, I'm debating whether or not tackle the washroom or mudroom next. Check in with me in May...














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...