Skip to main content

All in a (Satur)Day's Work...

I never know just how hectic our weekend's are going to be until we are in the midst of chaotic fun! Today was a triple threat: Soccer, Egg Hunt, Birthday Party.
Sans hubby.
NO naps.

With gorgeous weather we set out to conquer the day's events and I think we did a pretty fine job!

Soccer-->
You know, I did not ask the other kid's parents if I could use these pic son our little blog. So I won't tell you their names or show super close up shots of them. But I will share that they are the cutest kids! We got lucky with this team. Each parent and their friends and family were nice and just plain good all around folks! We cheered on our team and learned everyone's names and passed out snacks and had a very enjoyable time. No egos. No screaming. No backseat coaching. No behaving as though this was training ground for the Olympics. Cassidy is number 5.

Matt takes her to practice on Tuesday nights when I take Savvy swimming. I know I've said it before, but having the girls only do one thing at a time really works for us. And them. And our budget! Thanks to recommendations from others, we got all of Cass' soccer gear for under $35 at Play it Again sports in Carson. Including some orange cones her and her sister like to play with in the backyard.

















TMCC Egg Hunt-->
This was hilarious! First Savvy’s age group was up. The treasures were in plain sight. Eggs, toys, books, and more sprinkled all over chairs and tables. Savvy collected about 8 eggs and a book and declared, “Ok, momma, I’m good.”  Could be Mr. Smith and I go a tad overboard with repeating our values of only taking just enough and not being greedy and saving some for others....or could be she just didn’t want anything else. Who knows! So we sat and waited for that bit to finish up before Cass’ age group could begin.
Cass filled her basket in less than a minute! That girl is quick. She had scouted the area, knew what she wanted, and went for it. One could make all kinds of inferences about her personality from that. When we sat down to go through her goods, she displayed several things that came in sets; two bubble wands, two water squirters, and on and on. I asked her why she got doubles and she said, “One’s for my sister!”.  Sigh. Heart squeezed.
















Genesis’ 6th Birthday Partyà
Cassidy went to preschool at TMCC with Genesis. She was thrilled to get an invite to her birthday party. Especially because we couldn’t go last year. She often asks about friends from that class. Almost all of them are scattered throughout the city at various elementary schools. Between tether ball and the trampoline, a good time was had by all! And in the true spirit of what it means to be a child, a grand time was had frolicking in bits of tissue paper instead of the gifts they were once wrapped in. And let’s not forget the sprinklers! Merriment abounds when sprinklers come on in the middle of a hot afternoon....
















One costco trip, dinner, and a bubble bath later and my kids are snoring. 
Happy Saturday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...