Skip to main content

Scientist of the Month of January 2025!

Cassidy was chosen as scientist of the month at her school for January!

This was announced during community meeting. That is a weekly gathering of the whole school to hear updates, celebrate birthdays, show recognition, and learn about upcoming events. She received a plushie in the shape of a tardigrade. 

From her teacher:

When I think about the January scientist of the month, the first word that comes to mind is thoughtful. She’s driven, an awesome student and an extremely hard worker, but more than that, she’s exceptionally thoughtful. In class, she’s engaged and engaging— there's a particular expression of realization or epiphany that I associate with her in class. She thinks deeply about science and it’s so much fun to see that rewarded when she has these moments of putting it all together. Students recently wrote a lab report and I was so impressed by the quality of this student’s work–it, of course, contained an incredibly thoughtful analysis that left no stone unturned. But it also managed to be humorous and engaging–exactly how this student shows up to class. She’s interested in anything and everything–often arriving early to class to read a book. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her with the same book twice (most recently I saw her with a book on animal behavior). For so many reasons, I’m so thrilled to announce that the January scientist of the month is Cassidy Smith. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...