Skip to main content

This Hair...

This hairstyle has been a fan favorite! This is how it was done.
My hair was shampooed and deep conditioned before being cornrowed. Then, the hair I bought was weaved in with a crochet hook. It's close to what my hair texture will look like if I grow my hair out. So I wanted to try it and see how I would like it. This process is called Latch Hook. Relatively speaking, it's one of the quicker styles to have done. About 40 minutes for the wash and condition, 20 minutes to braid, and 2 hours to crochet. And it can last from 4-12 weeks depending on how well I take care of it.



Other styles...


The bun is an attachment piece.

Wash N Go with a head band and some leave in conditioner.

Just out the shower.


Blowdrying...

More blowdrying...


Commence the flatiron! A rare thing, as I don't put much heat on my hair and it is time consuming...

Yup, that's right. Look at the picture from fresh wash above and this one of a straightened lock. Shrinkage is about 75% when my hair gets wet. And to get to this point where the flatiron made it's appearance took close to 2 hours....One more reason going natural is amazing! 


My arms hurt, so the rest was swept up in back. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...