Skip to main content

12 Days of Christmas- Day 8


There will be many more, better, pics of this piano to come!
Matt and I were not going to do gifts this year . However, I found a gift that served a triple threat:
November- Matt's Birthday
December- Christmas
January- Our Anniversary

I came across a family on craigslist who was giving away their piano. For free! Turns out this is a common practice because they can be hard to maintain and even harder to move. The family was so nice when I met them! And this beautiful instrument once belonged to a matriarch in their family. It had been tuned not too long ago. My hunt for a reputable, trusted company or person to move it was difficult but swift! I found a piano company that not only moved it for under $200, but they also are giving us a huge discount to get it tuned in a year! Wahoo!

I took my outdated MACbook and sold it to pay for the moving expenses. And now we have an awesome piano that Matt uses almost daily for work. (He is the music director at our church for those of you who don't know) And Cass loves to practice too :-)

Comments

  1. I love this story - on how you found the piano and surprised Matt.

    I suspect Cass will be a natural Liberace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We shall see :-) Matt turned around and sold his keyboard to buy me a new zoom lens. I was so excited and surprised! I'm glad it did not turn out like that story about the man who sells his broken watch to buy hair combs for his wife and the wife who cut off her hair to buy a part to fix his watch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...