Skip to main content

Savvy is 5!

We have fun throwing the girls birthday parties. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no party but treats dropped off at school and 10 being an all out blowout with hired characters, we hover between 3 and 6. The girls either choose a party or a place to visit. Cass picked Monterey Aquarium one year. This year I asked my then 4 year old what she would like for her birthday, ready for a themed, low key event with new friends in our backyard. I was speechless at her request.

Me: Savvy what do you want to do for your birthday?
Savvy" I want to stay in a hotel with a pool and order room service.
Me:......

Well, alrighty then! With moving and getting settled, I didn't realize I was feeling anxious about the time to plan something and execution of it. I was all too happy to fulfill this easy request! We decided to go one step further and use it as a trial run for leaving the country and we headed to Canada for one night.

The Granville Market is a beautiful spot, so many food vendors! And storytellers and street performers everywhere. Found a hotel with a pool and a free breakfast. We also went to Stanley Park and saw a lighthouse, walked a beach, and learned about a collection of nine totem poles.  On our way back home, we stopped at the girl's fave place to eat: Big Toms. It's the wackiest, little roadside burger stand with dinosaurs and scooby doo memorabilia everywhere. And so much ice cream.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...