Skip to main content

Do you ever do anything just for you?

In the Spring semester of my freshmen year of undergrad I was a photomajor in the JSchool. It was one semester of awesomeness. I was about to join some of my classmates and the photo professor on a trip to a conference, when I realized there was no way I could afford the major! The chemicals and supplies were not only expensive, they were not allowed to be stored in the dorms. Instead of talking to someone and seeking out help, I switched my emphasis to print. And I loved it. However, my heart was never fully in it, the way it was that one semester.

Fast forward several years and many disposable cameras later to the purchase of my first real digital slr...HEAVEN in the package of a pentax K20D. I named her Penny. Penny and I had many grand adventures. Even a brief professional stint to help pay the bills for about 2 years. During that time I learned I do not like taking pictures of people as a profession. They are unpredictable and there is great pressure to not have a flashdrive crash on you or accidentally write over files before transferring and saving them.  I am one of those insane people who enjoys getting up at the break of dawn to capture whatever the first morning rays grace.

Penny died this past year...We had a good run of 10 years! And I picked up a used Canon. I haven't had the time to really delve into the instruction book and have it become a part of me the way I did with Penny. Heck, I have not even named this one yet!

But, it was pointed out to me that I have this secret website that I choose not to tell people about. I recently updated it last year actually, it looks a little cleaner. I purposefully do not share it because this is one small piece of me that is truly just for me. That being said, my dear hubby thinks that is ridiculous. So to appease him and to compromise, y'all can look at it here.

But do not expect anymore posts about it, so hope you save the website because I probably will not mention it ever again on this blog ;-)

Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing

Cassidy loves to dance. So far, any type of music gets her going! In this video we were cleaning the kitchen when she decided to break out. When she saw the camera she started saying cheese because she thought it was a real camera. I hope you can see it!

After you clean your room...

This evening Cassidy revealed to me a small secret to keeping her occupied. After dinner she asked me if she could watch a show. We don't have tv, but we do have netflix through the wii on our tv and we watch all the greatness that PBS and Nickelodian have to offer! Except for Caillou because I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, she gets to watch limited amounts of Diego, Dora, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, Word World, etc and sometimes we throw in some Cosby Show for good measure. She'll pick two shows and watch one, 20 minute episode of each and then we call it good. Well tonight when she asked for a show, I told her she could watch one episode of her favorite after she cleaned her room. She went into her room and as she started putting toys away, she started playing with them. She'd go to put books away and start "reading" them. Twenty minutes later she'd start putting crayons away, then start drawing with them. Ten minutes later she'd start putting awa...

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith

Dear Cassidy and future Baby Smith, I am sure that bloggers across the world are firing away about a news piece gone viral today. http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html In case this link is non-existent by the time you read this, long story short, people are using feeding tubes for rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. This is your mother talking. If for some reason this ridiculous trend is still around when you grow up, and you think about doing this to your self, please know that I will spank you and put you in timeout. You do not diet to fit into a dress, or suit. You pick an outfit that highlights your best attributes and get it tailored to fit your body, not the other way around. No matter what size you are, as long as your are healthy, not putting toxins into your body, and exercising, whatever size you are is beautiful and perfect in God's eyes because God does not make mistakes. There is a flattering de...